How Do I Reset My HP Laptop with Windows 7 to Factory Settings
I want to regain a clear Windows environment, how do I reset my HP laptop to factory settings?
If you have the recovery disc, take it to reset HP laptop to default settings. Hold on pressing F11, and start HP laptop until Advanced Options screen appears. Select “Restore Factory Settings” and follow system restore wizard to do step by step.
If not, continue to follow the introductions below.
Reset HP Laptop to Factory Settings with One Key
1. Start your laptop, and continuously press F10 when F10 appears in the left bottom side of screen. In about few seconds, you would access one key recovery program. Read the program description and click “OK”.
2. There would be detailed introduction about this program in system restore window. Click “Advanced Options” and choose appropriate system recovery option, Destructive Recovery is selected default.
- Please read the introduction in details and choose it. Click Next.
- Windows system restore window pops up. Select it after reading introduction.
- Delete system recovery disk partition, select it and click “Next” to continue.
3. Begin to restore HP laptop when you click “Next” button.
4. When system recovery finished, you can reboot or close Windows.
When HP laptop restarts next time, set Windows system information according to prompting message.
After finish setting system information, HP laptop would run successfully.
Usage Description about System Recovery Program:
When you click Start menu, choose “System Restore” in All Programs, you would see three options.
1. PC Restore.
Click this and PC Restore window would pop up. Two options would be listed, Microsoft System Restore and PC Recovery.
- Select Microsoft System Restore and click Next. A prompting window pops up. Click “OK” and it would be the same as system restore.
- Choose PC Recovery, and laptop would reboots automatically again. The next steps are the same as one key recovery program.
One laptop only creates one a serious of laptop recovery programs.
2. Create a disc for PC recovery
Click “PC Recovery Disc Creation program” and insert blank CD-ROM into laptop to create a series of recovery discs.
It is necessary to make sure hard disk is factory partition mode before creating disc. System partition and recovery partition has not been destroyed. A laptop only could create one system recovery disk.
3. Application and Drive Program Recovery. Click this option and you could see application and drive window.
Choose application program installation or drive program installation, and click Next. Select the programs we want to install and click “Install” button. Only one application program or drive program could be installed at one time.
- How to Reset Laptop to Factory Settings without Disc
- How to Factory Reset Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop When Forgot Password
- How to Restore Inspiron Laptop to Factory Settings without Admin Password
- How to Reset HP Elitebook 8460p BIOS/Administrator Password
- HP Password Reset on Windows Server 2012