How to Add Driver to Windows 7 PE Boot Disk
This post describes how to use dism command to add driver to Windows 7 pe boot disk.
Tips: Here just shows you how to use dism command and add-driver argument to add driver to PE disk. If you want to get more details about how to create a Windows 7 pe disk, see how to create a Windows 7 pe boot disk.
Steps to add driver to Windows 7 pe boot disk:
- Use Command to mount windows 7 pe wim image to a folder. For example: DISM /Mount-Wim /Wimfile:d:\winpe5\winpe.wim /index:1 /Mountdir:d:\winpe5\Mount. d:\winpe5\winpe.wim is the winpe.wim file path, and d:\winpe5\Mount is the path the winpe file will mount to. After this command runs successfully, you can see windows system on d:\winpe5\Mount folder.
- Download raid controller driver and and unzip it to a folder.
- Add driver to mount folder. For example: dism /image:d:/winpe/mount /add-driver /driver:d:\driver_x86\hpp420i\hpcissx2.inf. This commend will add HP p420i raid controller driver to the mount folder. We must specify the *.inf file path.
- Unmount the windows pe image: DISM /Unmount-Wim /Mountdir:d:/winpe/mount /Commit. When this command runs successfully, the driver has been added to the winpe.wim file.
- Replace the boot.wim file with the winpe.wim file on Windows 7 PE image ISO file.