iPhone 6 backup password lost. But I need to restore iPhone to early backup point from backup now, because something has been changed on iPhone I don’t know, which affects iPhone normal operation. How can I do to recover lost iPhone 6 backup password?
From the methods of iDevice data backup, it is known that iPhone backup password is usually set at the first time when we backup iPhone content, or changed when we backup iOS device at one time. So it would be likely to be forgotten or lost if not saved on safe place.
However, fortunately with following ways, you can easily recover iPhone 6 backup password after lost.
Which password is probably iPhone 6 backup file password? We can make a bold speculation first according to password rules.
Educated guess just could provide us one more opportunity for lost iPhone 6 backup password recovery. But password is not promised to be found.
If you are a Mac user and keep your password in Keychain on Mac computer, you can get iPhone 6 backup password with this option. But unfortunately it doesn’t work on Windows computer.
1. Open the Keychain Access utility from Application – Utilities.
2. In the upper right search field enter "iPhone" and then look for a keychain item named "iPhone Backup" of kind "application password". If there is no such a item, please get iSunshare iTunes Password Genius to recover iTunes backup password for iPhone 6.
3. Double click "iPhone Backup" and click on the "Show password" checkbox in the new window.
4. You will be prompted to enter your password (the one locked your Mac) to show the iPhone 6 backup password. Click Allow (once). You should now see the iPhone 6 lost backup password in clear text.
If above two ways couldn’t help recover lost backup password for iPhone 6, another way should be tried. An effective tool, iSunshare iTunes Password Genius is a good choice. With four powerful password attack types provided, it can recover different kinds of iPhone backup password easily in few seconds or minites. Now let's see how it does?
1. Download and run iTunes Password Genius on Windows computer.
2. Add encrypted iPhone 6 backup file into iTunes Password Genius.
Click Open button and iTunes backup file would appear automatically in following pop-up window, you can select it directly and click OK button to add it into iTunes backup password recovery software. Or if it is not the iPhone 6 backup file you want, click "Add File" button to find another iPhone 6 backup file on your computer. Then open it.
3. Select one password recovery type from four powerful password attack types.
In the drop-down box of "Type of attack", choose one password attack type from them based on characteristics of lost iPhone 6 backup password.
4. Recover lost iTunes backup file password for iPhone 6.
Click Start button and wait for iPhone 6 lost backup password recovered successfully with iTunes backup password recovery software. Shortly afterwards, password is shown in new window.
Tips: If lost iPhone 6 backup password is longer than 3 characters, iTunes Password Genius full version would be necessary.
Password Recovery Software