What often make people confuse when product key needed:
Problems similar to above two happen usually and until now we cannot avoid them eventually. So the best method is to make a backup of product key and store it in a safe place. If you really lost windows 7 product key and have no backup, please learn to recover windows 7 product key with registry or product key finder tool.
Refer to key finder tool, iSunshare Product Key Finder can be thought as an all-in-one key finder. It could find product keys for all Windows system, and other software installed on your computer, such as Office, SQL Server, Adobe (Photoshop, DW etc), Internet Explorer, Exchange Server and VM Ware etc. So generally if you want to recover Windows 7 lost product key, just run Product Key Finder on computer ever installed with Windows 7 is OK.
Step 1: Download iSunshare Product Key Finder and install, run it on computer.
Step 2: Recover Windows 7 product key.
Click Start Recovery to recover product keys for Windows 7 and other programs on computer.
Instantly, you would see product keys and product IDs are found shown on Product Key Finder. Because this key finder is trial version, only partial product key can be displayed. If it is not what you want, just tap "Order Full Version" or "Enter Registration Code" after clicking "Start Recovery" to get full version. Then you will find all Windows 7 product key codes.
Step 3: Save recovered Windows 7 product key.
Click Save to File or Save button at the bottom side to store windows 7 product key and other product keys on computer.
As is known, Windows product key stores in registry, so you just need to open registry, and can find Windows 7 product key there. This way usually works when your Windows 7 runs normally on your computer.
1. Click Start in Windows 7 computer and type regedit in search box, and press Enter.
2. Tap Yes in User Account Control dialog, and run Regedit Editor.
3. Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion key in the registry. This key holds several Windows 7 settings for your machine.
4. Right-click the ProductId key and select Modify. View the number displayed. This is your product key for Windows. Press the "Cancel" button to avoid making changes to the value.
Besides above two ways, some tricks are also used usually to look for Windows 7 product key.
1. Look up label paper on the back of computer or the surface of computer case and power adapter. Product key is usually there. This is used by name-brand computer with pre-installation Windows system.
2. Check the email you have ever get the product key when you purchase it online. If you couldn’t find the email, try to contact Microsoft Official Technology support and regain product key for Windows 7.
Articles you may be interested:
Password Recovery Software