Are you fed up by inputting an account and its password to log in your Windows 8 or 8.1 computer? If you do think the process is troublesome, you can set up auto login on your PC. That is, you are able to sign in your computer without password. At the moment, if you are curious about how to make it, this article will let you know the methods instantly.
Method 1: Set up auto login directly.
Step 1: Open Run dialog box with the hotkey of Windows key+R, type netplwiz in the empty box and tap OK.
Step 2: When the User Accounts window shows up, uncheck the box before Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer, and click OK.
Step 3: Specify the user that can automatically sign in the computer.
This step can be split into two situations:
1. If you want to specify the administrator, you can directly type and retype its password in other two empty boxes and then click OK, as exhibited in the following picture.
2. Suppose you would like to specify another user on your computer, change the user name to it, enter and reenter its password, and then tap OK. Please refer to the photo below.
Method 2: Set up auto login by making changes in Registry Editor.
Step 1: Open Run dialog box, input regedit in the box and click OK.
Step 2: As the User Account Control window emerges, tap Yes to go on.
Step 3: Find Winlogon in Registry Editor according to the following guidance.
Step 4: Change the value data of AutoAdminLogon to 1 by the two procedures below.
1. In Winlogon folder, right-click AutoAdminLogon and choose Modify in the menu.
2. Change its Value data to 1 and tap OK.
Step 5: Modify the value data of DefaultUserName to the administrator name or user name.
For more info, you can refer to the following processes.
1. In the same folder, right-click DefaultUserName and select Modify.
2. Change the value data to the administrator/user name, and that click OK.
Step 6: Create a new string value, name it as DefaultPassword and change its value data to the password of the administrator/user.
More explicit details are as follows.
1. Right-click any blank space in the folder, point at New and choose String Value.
2. Click the new value and name it as DefaultPassword.
3. Right-click DefaultPassword and tap Modify.
4. Change its value data to the password of the administrator or user, and then click OK.
In comparison, method 2 is more complicated than method 1. However, regardless of the complexity, both of them can assist you to set up auto login on your Windows 8/8.1 computer.
Password Recovery Software