Reset Windows SBS 2011 Administrator Password
“My administrator password for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard has been forgotten. No password reset disk has been created. What can I do to reset administrator password? I need some help to solve this problem as soon as possible.”
This problem may not meet usually, but its importance enough makes us spend all our energy resetting forgotten password first. Here introduce two reset ways for reference.
1. Windows SBS 2011 Password Reset with Windows Password Genius
2. Reset Windows SBS 2011 Password with Start Disk
One: Reset Windows SBS 2011 Password with Windows Password Genius Advanced
- Download iSunshare Windows Password Genius Advanced, launch it and insert USB or DVD/CD into accessible computer.
- Create a Windows SBS 2011(Windows Small Business Server) password reset disk by USB or DVD/CD. Select right removable device and click “Begin burning” button.
- Insert the USB or DVD/CD into your locked Windows SBS, and set Windows SBS boot from USB or DVD/CD.
- Choose Windows SBS 2011 and user account, Click “Reset password”, then “Reboot” computer after successfully reset password to blank.
Windows Password Genius Advanced User Guide
Two: Reset Windows SBS 2011 Password with Start Disk
- Restart your Windows SBS 2011 with the installation CD or any USB/DVD you can boot from and get access to the HDD drive.
- Booted from SBS 2011 media, select Next
- Select Repair your computer
- Select your partitions and installed Windows version and click Next
- Select command prompt
- Change directory to the access the system 32 directory. Then your original C:drive is changed to D: or E: depending on the number of drive and partitions you have on that system.
- Rename Utilman.exe to Utilman.old and copy cmd.exe to Utilman.exe, exit and reboot,
and then select the Ease of access icon.
- You will get a command prompt and use net user admin user password to change the password
At the user logon screen, press a combination of Windows KEY+U, then the CMD.exe will appear. Type net user “Username””new password”.
After you changed the password, exit the command prompt and login in with the new password. Don’t forget to change the Utilman.old back to Utilman.exe. It could be that you will need to reboot with your media to change the Utilman back.
The second would seems to be more difficult than the first one. If you are not familiar with Windows installation files and directory, suppose you using the first way - Windows Password Genius Advanced to reset administrator password for Windows SBS 2011.