"My Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard administrator password forgot and no password reset disk has been created. What can I do to reset administrator password? I need some help to solve this problem as soon as possible." This problem may not encounter usually, but its importance enough makes us spend all our energy on resetting forgotten password. Here two ways are introduced for reference.
1. Download iSunshare Windows Password Genius Advanced and launch it on an accessible computer.
2. Insert bootable USB drive or DVD/CD into the computer. Then select media type and inserted device.
3. Click Begin burning button to burn Windows SBS (Windows Small Business Server) 2011 password reset disk into removal device.
4. Plug the reset disk you create into locked Windows SBS, and set Windows SBS boot from USB or DVD/CD.
5. Confirm system "Windows SBS 2011" and select administrator. Click Reset password and Yes to set a new password for chosen administrator.
6. Reboot locked Windows SBS now after Windows SBS password reset, if you don't want to create new administrator with password reset disk for Windows SBS logon.
Step 1: Restart your Windows SBS 2011 with the installation CD or any USB/DVD you can boot from, and get access to the HDD drive.
Step 2: Boot from SBS 2011 media, and select Next.
Step 3: Select Repair your computer.
Step 4: Select your partitions and installed Windows version, and click Next.
Step 5: Select command prompt.
Step 6: Change directory to the access the system 32 directory. Then your original C:drive is changed to D: or E: depending on the number of drive and partitions you have on that system.
Step 7: Rename Utilman.exe to Utilman.exe.bak and copy cmd.exe to Utilman.exe, exit and reboot, and then select the Ease of access icon.
Step 8: You will get a command prompt and use net user admin user password to change the password.
At the user logon screen, press a combination of Windows + U, then the CMD.exe will appear. Type net user Username new password.
After you changed the password, exit the command prompt and login in with the new password. Don’t forget to change the Utilman.exe.bak back to Utilman.exe. It could be that you will need to reboot with your media to change the Utilman back.
Apparently, the second way seems more difficult than the first one. If you are not familiar with Windows installation files and directory, first way Windows Password Genius Advanced is recommended to reset administrator password for Windows SBS 2011.