When you forgot or lost Windows 7 password, and there was no password reset disk available, could you discover any way to reset Windows 7 password instantly? Believe some people can do that. But not everyone could find an effective way so easily.
Naturally, the most direct way to reset win 7 password is reset password with win 7 password reset disk if you have such disk. So you could check whether you have a windows 7 password reset disk created previously. Or whether you have built-in administrator for windows 7 pasword reset in safe mode.
1. If you have a win 7 password reset disk, you can click "Reset Password" button on failed logon screen and follow wizard to reset windows 7 password with reset disk.
2. If you have another available admin account or built-in administrator, you can reset Windows 7 password in safe mode.
If the solutions above still cannot be carried out successfully, please take the software mentioned below to help solve the problem effectively.
Step 1: Free download Chntpw on a accessible computer.
Step 2: Create a Windows 7 password reset disk with Chntpw.
Step 3: Boot Windows 7 locked computer from Windows 7 password reset disk.
It is a CD password reset disk, so you just need to set your locked Windows 7 computer boot from CD-drive.
Step 4: Reset Windows 7 password to be blank.
1. Select the partition where Windows 7 system is installed on after booting from CD drive successfully.
Eg. select 1 = show probable Windows (NTFS) partitions only
2. Confirm the registry directory and select Windows registry file.
If the default path Windows/system32/config is correct, just need to press Enter and go on.
3. Choose the partion of registry you need to load for win 7 password reset.
So you just have to choose the first one: Password reset [SAM system security]
4. Select the option you will do with the Windows 7 user and password.
1 - Edit user data and passwords
5. Select the user you want to reset password for locked Win 7 computer.
All users and their password status are listed there. Suppose you want to reset Windows 7 administrator password, just type Administrator and press Enter.
6. Reset Windows 7 user(administrator) password.
In order to easily finish Windows 7 password reset process, now we select 1 to clear Windows 7 password directly. Then message "Password cleared" will pop up if you have successfully reset windows 7 password to blank.
7. Write back changes to windows registry file and quit out.
Just follow wizard to save changes to windows registry file and quit out. Then reboot Windows 7 computer without password.
What about the Chntpw introduced above? Is it easy for you? No matter how, more easier and convenient software is available here - iSunshare Windows 7 Password Genius, which provides free trial version and full version.
Only two easy steps are required to reset Windows 7 password without disk:
Step 1: Create a Windows 7 password reset disk with USB or CD/DVD.
Compared to Chntpw, it seems more intelligent to create password reset disk with Windows 7 Password Genius, because you just need one click on "Begin burning" and without any third-party disk burn tool.
Step 2: Reset Windows 7 password.
You can see the above Windows 7 password reset process with Windows 7 Password Genius is similar to with Chntpw. But surely it has simplied the process and made it user-friendly. People just need to click some buttons and their windows 7 password can be reset in short time. So how do you think about Chntpw and Windows 7 Password Genius for win 7 password reset when no disk was created previously?