Lost or forgot Windows server 2012 administrator password? How can we effectively reset the forgotten local and domain admin password?
Probably you have tried another administrator or password reset disk. But now we don't care about them, because not all of us have just prepared. We just want to talk about two ways that all of us can use to reset Windows server 2012 admin password, installation disk and advanced Windows Password Genius.
1. Click Next from Install Windows menu, and select Repair your computer option from left-bottom corner.
2. Select the Operting System to repair on dialog System Recovery Options and click Next.
3. Click Command Prompt to open command prompt window, where you can change location of two system programs (cmd.exe and utilman.exe) with following command.
MOVE C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe.bak
COPY C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe C:\Windows\System32\Utilman.exe
4. Close Command Prompt and let locked Windows server 2012 boot from hard drive normally.
5. Click the Utility Manager icon on Windows server 2012 login screen and command prompt is open.
6. Enter net user command to reset Windows server 2012 forgotten administrator password.
7. Reboot server computer from installation disk again and restore "utilman.exe" with command in Command Prompt.
copy Utilman.exe cmd.exe
move Utilman.exe.bak Utilman.exe
Now when you restart Windows 2012 server again normally after exiting installation disk, you would find the server computer could be accessed with new administrator password or without password you have reset or removed with command. So undoutedly, Windows installation disk is another way besides password reset disk to reset Windows forgotten password even though it seems a little difficult to use.
More details about Windows password reset with installation disk: Reset Windows 10 password with installation CD
If you have no password reset disk or installation disk after Windows server 2012 domain administrator password forgot, don't worry. Advanced Windows Password Genius could solve this problem easier with two options.
As long as you burn the software into bootable USB flash drive or CD/DVD-ROM and boot server 2012 from it, you could do that.
Step 1: Burn advanced Windows Password Genius into bootable disk.
1. Install and run iSunshare Windows Password Genius Advanced on your accessible computer installed with windows xp or later operating systems.
Note: If your windows server 2012 password forgot on a raid server, you would have to choose Windows Password Genius Raid version which works well with HP/DELL/IBM/LENOVO raid computer.
2. Insert bootable USB or CD/DVD drive into computer and select it as burning device.
3. Click Begin burning button to burn Windows Password Genius Advanced/Raid into it.
After burning successfully, exit the USB flash drive or CD/DVD-ROM from available computer.
Step 2: Boot locked server 2012 computer from boot disk.
Plug the boot disk into locked windows server 2012 computer and set it boot from USB flash drive or CD/DVD-ROM. Then iSunshare Windows Password Genius Advanced or Raid would run on locked computer.
Now you would just need to follow two parts below to finish Windows server 2012 domain admin password reset and new administrator creation on locked computer.
In Windows Password Genius user list, select the password-forgotten administrator account, and click Reset Password button. Then tap on "Yes" to confirm Windows server 2012 password reset.
Tips: To meet the windows server 2012 password policy, a default password "iSunshare@2012" is provided.
With the Windows 2012 password reset disk created in Step 1, you can also create a new administrator to login Windows 2012 computer instead of password-forgotten administrator.
After Windows server 2012 starts from boot disk, choose Add User option on Windows Password Genius. Type a new administrator account name and click OK. Then a new domain administrator would be created and protected with default password "iSunshare@2012".
Step 3: Reboot the Windows server 2012 computer and you access server computer.
Reboot Windows server 2012 and remove boot disk from server in time to retart server computer normally from hard drive. Then with new administrator password or new administrator account, you can successfully log into Windows server 2012.
Note: This is the most effective way that everyone could use to reset Windows password after forgot or lost without data loss. So for server 2012 computer, it is worth trying, even though you can find another difficult way, such as Winpe boot disk or script instead of this easy-to-use Windows Password Genius.