The general method of setting computer boot from CD/DVD is similar, but is still different from each other because of different mainboard and BIOS. Now there are two common BIOS brand, Phoenix Award BIOS and AMI BIOS. Therefore, we will describe how to set computer boot from CD/DVD on Phoenix Award BIOS and AMI BIOS separately.
Boot Computer from CD/DVD on Two Kinds of BIOS:
1. Press Del or other hot keys to enter BIOS when your computer is powering on
2. Select Advanced BIOS Features with direction keys
3. Press Enter and access BIOS setting screen
4. Select First Boot Device or 1st Boot Device by up and down arrow keys
5. Choose CD-ROM with up and down keys
6. Press ESC back to BIOS setting screen
7. Choose Save & Exit Setup with direction keys
8. Press Y and Enter
Now BIOS setting of booting from CD/DVD has completed, reboot computer and it can boot from CD/DVD automatically.
1. Press Del or other hot keys to enter BIOS
2. Press direction keys to move your mouse to BOOT
3. Press up and down arrow keys to move mouse to Boot settings/Boot device Priority, and press Enter
4. In Boot device Priority menu, press up and down keys to move mouse to 1st boot Device. And then press Enter.
5. Select CD-ROM or DVD-ROM as the first boot device
6. Press F10 to save BIOS settings and exit.
From now on, your computer will boot from CD/DVD automatically as long as you insert CD into computer.
BIOS Boot keys of laptops:
HP: F2, F9, F10
Toshiba: press ESC and F1 when cold boot
ASUS: press F2 when ASUS LOGO mark appears
In fact, most of the domestic and Taiwan’s brand laptop BIOS boot key is F2.
More BIOS Boot Key introduced in: How to set your computer to boot from USB drive?