If we have enabled default administrator, even forgot Windows 10 password, we can access computer with built-in administrator, and easily change forgotten Windows 10 password without software in safe mode or not. Following 3 methods would tell you how to do that.
1. Press Win + R to open Run box. Type cmd and click OK to run Command Prompt as administrator.
2. Type "net user username new-password" to change user password for Windows 10.
For example: net user isunshare 123^G
It will change user account "isunshare" password to new one "123^G".
3. Press Enter to make the command successfully.
Now if you restart Windows 10 again, you can login Windows 10 with this user and new password successfully.
1. Press Win + R to open Run box. Type compmgnt.msc and press Enter.
2. In Computer Management, unfolder Local Users and Groups and select Users.
3. In the right side of directory, you can see several users there which belong to Windows 10.
4. Right click the user you want to change password and select Set Password.
5. When there is a prompting message, if you think it is OK, click "Proceed" to go on Windows 10 password change.
6. Type new password in "New password" and again in "Confirm password" box. Click OK at last.
1. Press Win + R to open Run box. Type control panel in box and press Enter.
2. Choose User Accounts in Control Panel.
3. In User Accounts window, click Manage another account.
4. Choose the account you want to change password in user list of Manage Accounts window.
5. In Change an Account window, choose to Change the password.
6. Type a new password twice to confirm Windows 10 user password change. Also, password hint can be set at the same time to remind you of password once you forgot or lost it. Finally click Change password.
Whether you feel it is so easy to change Windows 10 password with above methods? Actually you can also enter Windows 10 in safe mode with default administrator to do that safely. And it is worth mentioning that all these methods work for Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP password change.
Just because default administrator is disabled by default, not everyone can take these measures. And generally in order to keep computer safe, default administrator is not recommended to be enabled. If you want to protect computer from acess without permission, you can create a login user and password instead of built-in administrator.
Then if you forgot Windows 10 password, maybe pre-created password reset disk or Windows Password Genius Advanced that can create password reset disk would be more popular and effective than methods in this article.
Password Recovery Software