Is it your password wrong spell that leads to Microsoft account locked out? Or if because your Microsoft account is blocked, you cannot use it for Windows 10 logon? I think these are two main reasons that make we fail to sign in Microsoft account Windows 10.
So how to fix the problem "can't sign into Microsoft account Windows 10"?
If you just want to sign into Windows 10, there will be several ways available for you. For example:
1. Sign into Windows 10 with other existing local user accounts.
2. Create new administrator account for Windows 10 logon.
3. Reinstall Windows 10 system to remove all Windows login settings.
But if you have to log into Windows 10 with this Microsoft account, you will have only two choices.
I think no matter if it is necessary or you have to sign into Windows 10 with Microsoft account, it is better to get back your Microsoft account than ingoring this problem, if you still want this Microsoft account.
Two useful tips to unlock Microsoft account on Windows 10 PC after password forgot or lost:
While you are prompted that password is incorrect on Windows 10 login screen, Microsoft account is locked, and there is also a tip provided for you at the same time to unlock Microsoft account. Take it and go to Microsoft service page account.live.com/password/reset.
Find another accessible computer and go to Microsoft account password reset page, which will guide you to reset Microsoft account forgotten password.
What you need to do in the process:
Now that Microsoft account has been added for Windows 10 logon, surely you can take it as the same to local account. Learn to reset Windows 10 Microsoft account password with Windows 10 Password Genius which will unlock Microsoft account just like unlock Windows 10 administrator account.
What you need to do:
If you find password reset still cannot solve the problem "can't sign into Microsoft account Windows 10", probably the Microsoft account is blocked. Get the means below to unblock Microsoft account in Windows 10.
Microsoft account is blocked and can't sign in Windows 10 with it? Find the reasons and choose a proper way to unblock Microsoft account for Windows 10. In general, Microsoft account is probably blocked by Microsoft, group policy or registry etc.
While Microsoft account is blocked by Microsoft because of unusual activity, please sign in Microsoft account on Microsoft website and get a security code to unlock Microsoft account.
1. Try to sign in Microsoft account website.
2. Receive security code via phone number or email address.
3. Enter security code online and change Microsoft account password.
4. At last, you will be prompted that you have completed Microsoft account unlock.
This is the fastest and common way to unblock Microsoft account. But if you cannot complete the process, please check if it is because of following reasons.
1. Cannot get security code
If you cannot get security code through your available phone number or email address, click "I didn't get a code" when you're prompted for a code at sign-in, or "I don't have access to these" when you are changing or resetting your password. Then follow Microsoft instructions to do. Eventually if Microsoft account still cannot be unblocked, please fill the online form to contact with Microsoft.
2. Recently turned on two-step verification
If you've turned on two-step verification recently, probably some apps and devices will tell you your password is incorrect, because they haven't been updated to prompt you for a security code. At this moment, instead of the regular password, you'll need to use an app password to get in Microsoft account.
This way would apply to your Microsoft account if it is blocked by a group policy. So when you are sure, follow action below to unlock your Microsoft account and you would be able to login normally.
1. Access Windows 10 with local administrator and go to Search.
2. Type "group policies editor" and open Edit Group Policies.
3. Navigate to the following path and find Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts.
Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Accounts: Block Microsoft Accounts
4. Right-click on it and go to its Properties. Select "This policy is disabled" from the drop-down menu.
If changing group policy still could not help, please try to solve your problem in registry editor.
1. Go to Search, type "regedit", and open Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the following path: HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
3. You'll find your account there, right-click on it, and delete it.
4. Close Registry Editor, and go to Settings > Accounts > Family & other users.
5. Try to add Microsoft account again in Windows 10 for logon.