If you want to change Windows 10 password for login user, the post is ready for you to learn how to do when you don't know current or old user password.
If we have enabled default administrator, even forgot Windows 10 password, we can access computer with built-in administrator, and easily change forgotten Windows 10 password without any software in safe mode or not. Following 3 methods would tell you how to do that.
1. Press Win + R to open Run box. Type cmd and click OK to run Command Prompt as administrator.
2. Type "net user username new-password" to change user password for Windows 10.
For example: net user isunshare 123^G
It will change user account "isunshare" password to new one "123^G".
3. Press Enter to make the command successfully.
Now if restart Windows 10 computer, you can log into Windows 10 with this user and its new password.
1. Press Win + R to open Run box. Type compmgnt.msc and press Enter.
2. In Computer Management, unfolder Local Users and Groups and select Users.
3. In the right side of directory, you can see several users there which belong to Windows 10.
4. Right click the user you want to change password and select Set Password.
5. When a message pops up, if you think it is OK, click "Proceed" to go on Windows 10 password change. If not, just click "Cancel" button.
6. Type new password in "New password" and "Confirm password" box. Then click OK to confirm Windows 10 user password change.
1. Press Win + R to open Run box. Type control panel in box and press Enter to open Control Panel.
2. Choose User Accounts in Control Panel.
3. In User Accounts window, click Manage another account.
4. Choose the user you would like to change password in Manage Accounts window.
5. In Change an Account window, choose option Change the password.
6. Type a new password twice in box and click "Change password" button. Then Windows 10 user password would be changed. If you worry you would lost the password one day, you can set a password hint for it to remind you when Windows 10 password lost.
Isn't it so easy to change Windows 10 password with enabled built-in/default administrator? Actually you can do it more safely after entering Windows 10 safe mode. And these methods also work for changing password for previous Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP systems.
Why we need Windows 10 installation disc? Because it can help to run command prompt directly on locked Windows 10 computer to change Windows 10 password with net user command line.
More details about it, please refer to reset Windows 10 local admin password using command prompt.
1. Find an accessible computer that can search Internet and go to https://account.live.com/password/reset.
2. Select the first option "I forgot my password" and click Next button.
3. Confirm your Microsoft account and select a valid way (email or phone) to get a security code.
4. Receive security code and reset Microsoft account password with it.
Actually, besides above ways, you could get another easy way to reset Windows 10 Microsoft account password and change administrator password for Windows 10.
While you need a way to just change Windows 10 password for both locked local account and Microsoft account at the same time, iSunshare Windows 10 Password Genius is the best choice. Only two main steps are required.
Step 1: Create a bootable USB drive with Windows 10 Password Genius.
Step 2: Change Windows 10 unknown password with bootable USB drive.
About more details, you can see the Windows 10 Password Genius user guide.