Forgot Domain Administrator Password on Windows Server 2008 R2
Forgot Windows server 2008 r2 domain administrator password? Perhaps you can ask the domain administrator to reset your forgotten password simply. But unfortunately, if the Windows server 2008 r2 is the domain controller, it will not work. At this moment, Windows password recovery tool will be taken into your consideration.
Windows password recovery tool is an effective password recovery utility for Windows and Windows server. Therefore, now the most important thing is to consider what you need and how you reset domain administrator password on Windows server 2008 r2.
What you need?
- Windows password recovery utility
- Bootable disk: USB or CD/DVD drive
- Another available PC for password reset disk creation
- Windows server 2008 r2 domain controller you have forgotten password
How you do?
Step 1: Download Windows password recovery utility on another accessible PC
Download Windows Password Genius Raid Version
Note: There is no available trial version for Windows Password Genius Raid
Step 2: Follows the installation wizard to install it and insert bootable disk into PC
Step 3: Create password reset disk with bootable disk
- After launch Windows password recovery software, choose bootable disk from drop-down box.
- Click “Begin burning” to start burning reset disk into USB or CD/DVD drive
- Until burning password reset disk completely, you will see “Successfully burning” messages.
Step 4: Boot Windows server 2008 r2 domain controller from burning disk
- If your burning disk is created by USB, boot it from USB;
- if your burning disk is created by CD/DVD drive, boot domain controller from CD/DVD ROM.
Step 5: Reset Domain Administrator Password on Windows Server 2008 r2
- Choose domain account you forgot password, and press “Reset Password” to remove its password directly. Only will you reboot domain controller, you can log into Windows server 2008 R2 directly.
- Choose “Add User” option, create a new domain administrator account. Sign into Windows server 2008 with it after domain controller reboot, and then change password for domain administrator you have forgotten password.
You will see there are two options for you to choose when reset Windows server domain password with Windows password recovery tool.
More about Windows password recovery tool
Windows Password Genius provides four versions, which recovers forgotten or lost password for all types of Windows operational system, including Windows client systems and Windows server systems. Windows client OS contains Windows 8/7/Vista/XP etc, while Windows server systems covers Windows server NT/2000/2003/2008/2012 etc.
You may also like:
- Reset domain admin password for Windows server 2012
- HP Raid Password Reset – Windows Password Genius Raid
- Reset Windows SBS 2011 administrator password