At the mention of the default mouse pointer of Windows 8/8.1 computer, some users may complain that it is small and a little unrecognizable, and the mouse pointer they want is large and colorful. So you will probably ask whether it is likely to change mouse pointer, including its color and size. And in this article, you will be provided with a positive answer and the operational methods.
Video guide on how to change Mouse Pointer color and size:
Way 1: Change mouse pointer in the Ease of Access.
Step 1: Open Ease of Access in Control Panel.
To finish this step, you can follow the procedures below.
1. Right-click an icon or any blank space on the Metro Interface (or Start screen), and then select All apps on the lower right corner.
2. Find Control Panel from the apps and open it by a tap.
3. As the Control Panel window shows up, select Ease of Access to open it.
Step 2: In the Ease of Access window, choose Change how your mouse works to move to the next step.
Step 3: In the following window named Make the mouse easier to use, choose the mouse pointer you like from the list of mouse pointers, and then click OK to exit the interface, as exhibited in the following screen shot.
Way 2: Change it in Mouse Properties.
Step 1: Open Mouse Properties.
Two methods to open Mouse Properties and they are:
Method 1: In the window of Make the mouse easier to use, move the scroll bar down and select Mouse settings.
Method 2: Open Mouse Properties from Search.
1. Press Windows key and F key at the same time to open Search bar, type mouse in the blank box and choose Settings.
2. Click Mouse in the search results which are on the left side of the Search bar.
Step 2: In the Mouse Properties dialog box, choose Pointers on the top, tap the down arrow under Scheme, select a pointer scheme in the pull-down list and click OK to affirm the changes.
Tips: When choosing a pointer scheme, you can see the size and color of mouse pointer on the right side, as shown in the following picture.
If you are going to change the color and size of mouse pointer on your Windows 8/8.1 PC, why not get your plan started now?