How to unlock Dell Vostro 5560 laptop if forgot Windows 8 password
Are you confused about this issue? I have just bought Dell Vostro 5560 laptop. When my cousin played with it, he changed my laptop login password. But a few minutes later, he forgot Windows 8 password he had set. And he didn’t write it down for backup.
In the case of Windows 8 password forgotten, how do I unlock Vostro 5560 laptop? Two ways below will guide you.
- Way 1: Unlock Vostro 5560 laptop with Windows Password Genius Tool
- Way 2: Reset Dell Vostro laptop password for Windows 8 in Safe Mode
Way 1： Unlock Vostro 5560 laptop with Windows Password Genius Tool
Unlock Vostro 5560 laptop with Windows Password Genius is the most efficient way if you forgot Windows 8 password. How to unlock Windows 8 password with Windows Password Genius Advanced tool?
2. Install and run it on an accessible computer or laptop.
3. Insert bootable USB device or CD/DVD ROM into accessible computer
4. Create Windows password reset disk with USB device or CD/DVD ROM
Choose media type you have inserted into computer, click Begin burning. Until Burning successfully pops up, password reset disk has been created.
5. Boot locked Vostro laptop from USB device or CD/DVD ROM
6. After Dell Vostro laptop boot from USB device or CD/DVD ROM successfully, select appropriate Windows system and reset Windows user’s password.
7. Reboot dell laptop and login into Windows 8 without password.
Way 2: Reset Dell laptop password for Windows 8 in Safe Mode
If you want to enter Windows system in safe mode, you have to get to Windows Startup Settings screen first. With the Windows Startup Settings screen (formerly advanced boot options) you can start Windows in different advanced troubleshooting modes so you can find and fix problems on your PC. Now we will introduce how to reset dell laptop password on Windows 8 in safe mode.
Step 1: Get to the Windows Startup Settings screen in Windows 8
There are two ways to get into Windows Startup Settings screen.
If you’re not signed in to Windows, tap or click the power icon from the sign-in screen, hold Shift, and then tap or click Restart
Or, if you’re already signed in:
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
2. Under PC settings, tap or click General.
3. Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.
4. On the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.
5. Tap or click Startup Settings.
6. Tap or click Restart.
7. On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting you want.
8. Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.
Step 2: Reset Windows 8 password for Dell Vostro laptop with Command Prompt
Type net user and press Enter, you will see all the accounts of the laptop listed
Type net user isunshare 123 and press Enter, it means that you reset password for the account isunshare, the new password is 123.
Besides all of these methods, you can contact Dell support staff or seek help from Dell’s support service from Dell office website. Or you can take it to Dell repair shop.
Unlock Dell laptop is not so difficult, right? These methods not only apply to Dell Vostro laptop, but also reset Windows password for Dell Inspiron, Dell XPS and Dell Latitude etc.