Can't remember Windows 10 password so that you cannot successfully login Windows 10 computer now? Don't be anxious, besides the forgotten password, there are still other ways for you to regain access to Windows 10 computer. No matter you can't remember Microsoft account password or local account password, following methods could help you to sign in Windows 10 computer easily again.
3 common methods to sign in computer when you can't remember Windows 10 password for logon:
Try this method when you can't remember Windows 10 local account password. As we know, when we create a password for local user, PIN or Picture password also can be set as sign-in options for this user acount.
1. Just click Sign-in options under password input box, and you can see whether PIN or Picture password exits.
2. When they appears, choose PIN at first and try to sign in Windows 10 with four digital codes.
3. If still failed, choose Picture password and try to draw three gestures you have set on a picture.
After these login attempts, probably you have successfully signed in Windows 10. And then you can change forgotten Windows 10 password in Control Panel, Command Prompt, Computer Management etc. If still can't sign in Windows 10, please try other methods.
Make full use of Microsoft account to sign in Windows 10 computer as long as it has been added for logon.
Case 1: When you still remember Microsoft account password on Windows 10
Just select Microsoft account on Windows 10 login screen and sign in with its password.
Case 2: When you can't remember Microsoft account password Windows 10
You will have a free way to reset or change forgotten Microsoft account password. And then sign in Windows 10 computer with its new password.
1. Go to Microsoft account password reset page on another computer.
2. Choose the reason why you can't sign into Microsoft account on Windows 10.
3. Verify your Microsoft account with security code, which can be received by an email or phone number.
4. Enter a new password twice to reset it for Microsoft account.
5. Choose Microsoft account on Windows 10 login screen, and type its new password to access computer.
Besides Microsoft service, the utility Windows 10 Password Genius also applies to Microsoft account password reset at any time, especially when you don't want to leakage your personal phone number or email account online.
Take this method if you find you have no Microsoft account added for Windows 10 logon. Then you would just could sign in Windows 10 computer with local account, such as administrator.
Perhaps you have created several user account with admin privileges when computer is accessible. Now start Windows 10 and on its login screen, choose one of them to login Windows 10 computer, such as built-in administrator, and other local administrator account.
If you find built-in administrator is disabled and there is no available local account, you can try to create new administrator account on Windows 10 with iSunshare Windows 10 Password Genius or Windows 10 install disc.
Example: create new administrator account on Windows 10 with iSunshare tool
Step 1: Burn Windows 10 Password Genius into bootable USB drive on another accessible computer.
Step 2: Boot Windows 10 computer from USB and create new administrator account.
1. Plug bootable USB into locked Windows 10 computer and start Windows 10 computer from USB flash drive.
2. While Windows 10 Password Genius successfully runs on Windows 10 and lists all user accounts, click the Add User button and type a new user name and password. Then a new administrator account will be created.
Surely, while you choose the password-forgotten administrator account and click on Reset Password button, its forgotten password will be removed. And then you will be able to sign in Windows 10 with new or old administrator account.
Step 3: Sign in Windows 10 with administrator account.
At last, it is time to tap on Reboot button and eject USB drive, in order to restart Windows 10 from hard drive and validate the changes. Select the local administrator account on login screen and sign in Windows 10.
Local account and Microsoft account are two kinds of login users on Windows 10. If you can't remember password of one of them, please try to login with the other. However, if you can't remember all of Windows 10 password, you just could create new administrator account or reset Windows 10 forgotten password in purpose of computer access.