There should be many reasons that you want to change or remove another user's password in Windows computer. For example, when a user password is forgotten or lost, learn the methods to change or remove another user's password will help you solve password forgotten problem. Here will list methods in two cases you can use to change or remove another user's password in Windows computer.
Important: You should make sure you can run Windows 7/8/10 with administrator. One is directly sign in Windows computer with administrator account. The other is enter built-in administrator password when you need admin rights.
Open Control Panel or Command Prompt to change or remove Windows another user's password with admin rights.
Step 1: Open Control Panel.
In Windows 7: Click Start and you could open Control Panel from Start menu.
In Windows 10/8: Press Win + X and select Control Panel from pop-up menu.
Step 2: Find "Manager another account" option in Control Panel.
1. In Windows 7:
Click "User Accounts and Family Safety > User Accounts" and you can see the "Manage another account".
2. In Windows 10/8:
Click "User Accounts > User Accounts" in Control Panel and you can find "Manage another account" option there.
Step 3: Change or remove another account password without knowing old password.
1. Click "Manage another account" and select another user you want to change or remove password in Windows 7/8/10 Control Panel.
2. In Windows 7, both "Change the password" and "Remove the password" option are available, while in Windows 10/8, only "Change the password" is workable.
3. Click Change the password and then you could change the user password to a new one or be blank.
Change another user password: Type new password and confirm it, then click "Change password" button at the right-bottom side.
Remove another user password: Leave the password input box blank and directly click "Change password" button. Then you would instantly remove the user's password.
Step 1: Run Command Prompt as administrator.
1. In Windows 7: Click Start > Accessories and you could right click Command Prompt to run it as administrator.
2. In Windows 10/8: Press Win + X and click Command Prompt (Admin) from pop-up menu. Then click "Yes" to run command prompt as administrator.
Step 2: Change or remove another user's password with command prompt.
net user <username> <newpassword>
This command could change or remove user password, which depends on whether you have set a new password for the user account.
1. Example for changing password for user "Genius": net user genius abc
2. Example for removing password from user "Genius": net user genius *
Type the command and press Enter twice, then the user password would be removed.
While you just could sign in Windows computer with a standard user, or if you are locked out of Windows computer, please take the direct and effective way to change or remove another user's password in Windows computer. Control Panel or Command Prompt that needs admin rights will not work.
Find an accessible computer to download and install iSunshare Windows Password Genius Advanced that works for Windows 7/8/10. Then run the software and plug bootable USB flash drive into computer.
1. Click USB device on software and select USB flash drive you insert into computer.
2. Tap on Begin burning and then Yes button to agree to burn iSunshare program into USB flash drive.
3. At last, you will get a bootable USB drive that can change Windows password while Burning Successfully.
Take the bootable USB drive you just burned and connect it to the computer which you want to change or remove user password for. Then start computer from USB drive.
1. While Windows Password Genius Advanced runs successfully on Windows 7/8/10 computer, view and select the user you want to change or remove password on this computer.
2. Click on Reset Password and Yes button to remove selected user password.
If your computer is installed with Windows 8/10, and you see Microsoft account in user list, you could also select it and click on "Reset Password" to change or remove Microsoft account password.
3. Finally, reboot computer without usb disk to make changes effective.