Forgot Windows password and unable to login your personal PC or server computer? Just need to make full use of bootable USB drive and you could easily reset forgotten Windows password, because the usb drive could help to create a USB password reset disk or USB boot disc, which could reset Windows password when computer locked. This can be a guidance for how to use USB reset or boot disk for Windows password reset.
USB password reset disk is usually created before locked out of Windows computer. It saves a file that contains the user password etc related information. Once forgot the Windows local user password, everyone could plug it into locked computer and instantly reset forgotten user password on login screen. Steps as below:
Step 1: Click Reset password link under password box when your are prompted login password is incorrect.
Step 2: Click Next on pop-up Password Reset Wizard and insert USB password reset disk.
Step 3: Choose inserted password reset disk and set a new password for password-forgotten Windows user.
Step 4: Lastly, click Finish button to complete Windows password reset with USB.
1. This kind of usb password reset disk only could reset password for only one user.
2. It only works for Windows local password reset. For example, if you forgot Microsoft account password in Windows 8/10 computer, you have to get other ways to reset Microsoft account password.
3. It can only be created before Windows password forgot and computer locked. So if you have missed the chance, it is suggested to choose USB boot disc applying to all Windows user accounts.
In order to successfully reset Windows forgotten password with USB disc, the key is to find a powerful Windows password recovery tool that can be burned into USB. iSunshare Windows Password Genius is recommended here, because it can work on Windows or Mac computer for all of Windows systems and all kinds of user accounts. Let's continue to see how it helps to reset Windows login password with USB.
Step 1: Burn a bootable USB disc with Windows Password Genius.
Eg. Burn a bootable USB disc with Windows Password Genius Advanced on Windows computer
Install and run iSunshare Windows Password Genius Advanced on another available Windows computer and burn it into bootable USB flash drive. You would get a bootable USB disc that can reset Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP or Windows server password.
1. Insert writable USB flash drive into computer where Windows Password Genius Advanced runs.
2. Choose USB device as burning device and select inserted USB flash drive from drop-down list.
3. Next to drop-down list, there is Begin burning button. Just click it and agree to format USB flash drive and then burn password recovery disc.
Step 2: Reset Windows password with bootable USB disc.
1. Connect the bootable USB disc to locked Windows computer.
2. Start locked computer and make it boot from USB drive.
3. When you see Windows Password Genius Advanced runs on locked computer, just confirm Windows system, and select the standard user or administrator or Microsoft account that you wish to reset password. Then click Reset Password button.
Instantly, the user password becomes blank or "iSunshare@2012". Then tap on Reboot button and exit USB drive instantly. Windows computer would restart normally from hard disk and could be logged into with new password.
In summary, there are two popular advantages if you choose USB disc created with Windows Password Genius for resetting Windows password.
1. You always have the chance to get USB disc, no matter your computer is locked or not.
2. USB disc is more generalized, more powerful than USB password reset disk.
Besides bootable USB flash drive, CD/DVD-ROM also could help you as the same way. Then you can reset Windows password with CD. And even you have none of them, you still can borrow or buy one instantly. Or learn more ways to remove Windows password, if you just consider the results.