Microsoft Hard Reset on Surface Windows 8/8.1 Pro
When we would like to hard reset Surface?
- When we prepare to sell Surface to others, we need to wipe personal data on Surface.
- When Surface is affected with virus, we want to clear the virus and get a fresh system on Surface.
- When Surface password forgot or is locked, we want to delete the forgotten Windows password or lock pattern from device as well.
Of course, Surface hard reset (factory reset) would not be as safe and effective as Windows Password Genius on Surface password remove. But Windows forgotten password could be surely removed when personal data on Surface lost.
Case 1: How to factory reset Microsoft Surface without Windows logon?
This should be the time when Microsoft Surface password is forgotten. Now follow the below description to factory reset locked Surface.
Step 1: Attack your Touch Cover or Type Cover.
Have a Touch Cover, Type Cover, or USB Keyboard attached to the Surface. If you don’t have one of these handy, you’ll need to tap on the Ease of Access icon on the lower left corner of the screen and open the On-Screen Keyboard.
Step 2: Power on your Surface.
Tap on the Power button, which is located on the lower right corner of the screen.
Step 3: Press and hold the Shift key at the Login screen.
Step 4: Press the Power icon.
Tap on Restart button. If a prompt comes up, select Restart Anyway. Your surface should boot to a light blue screen with some options on it.
Step 5: Click on Troubleshoot.
After the Surface restarts, choose Troubleshoot on the menu.
Step 6: Click on Reset your PC.
Step 7: Follow the prompts.
- A prompt will come up telling you exactly what the reset would do to your Surface. Read this, and then tap on Next.
- Another prompt will come up, letting you know that if you have sensitive information that you’d like to make irretrievable, choose Clean the Drive Fully. Otherwise, tap on Just Remove My Files.
- When the Surface displays All Ready To Go tap on Reset, and wait for it to restart.
Case 2: How to factory reset Surface when you are logging?
After you access Surface tablet, go to tap Applications list > Settings > about > reset your tablet.
- After Windows sign-in, swipe in from the right side of the screen, and click Settings.
- Tap on Change PC settings and then on General.
- Go to Remove Everything and Re-install Windows, and tap on Get Started.
- Follow the instructions on screen and let the Surface restart.
With these ways and detailed description above, reset Surface to factory settings could become easy for everyone.
Tips: Before hard reset Surface, we had better make a backup for personal data. And We can use Backup and Restore Center to restore backups after factory reset.
- How to Back Up and Restore Files on Microsoft Surface
- How to Reset Windows Domain User Password on Microsoft Surface Pro 2
- Windows 8 Forgot Administrator Password on Microsoft Surface Pro
- How to Reset Windows 8 Password without Disk
- Reset Windows Server 2012 Domain Password