Whenever you want to change Windows password on Surface Pro 2, effective ways in this passage could always help you a great deal.
First, if your Surface Pro 2 is accessible, you can change Surface Pro 2 user password easily and safely with following two ways.
1. Move the mouse to the upper-right corner of Windows 8.1 Start screen, and search "Control Panel". Click Control Panel in the search results on the left side of screen.
Tips: If you want to know more ways to get access to Control Panel, turn to article Three Ways to Access Control Panel in Windows 8/8.1.
2. Navigate to User Accounts and Family Safety - Manage Accounts. Select the Manage another account.
3. Select the Surface Pro 2 user account on you want to change its password.
4. On the Change an Account window, tap Change the password option.
5. Type current user password and new password for this user account. Confirm and click "Change password" button at last. Then you can login Surface Pro 2 with this user and new password.
Command Prompt program has to be run as administrator. So if you would like to change Surface Pro 2 password with command prompt, login Windows 8.1 pro with administrator at first.
1. Login Windows 8.1 pro with administrator.
2. Press Windows + X to run Command Prompt (Admin) program.
3. Type command "net user <user name> <user new password>" and press Enter.
<user new password> is the new password for <user name>.
However, if you lost all of user password, especially Windows 8.1 pro administrator password for logon, the above ways would not work. But as long as you follow the two methods below, you can still change Surface Pro 2 lost or forgotten password effectively.
Password reset disk provides the most common way to reset Windows user password after forgot or lost.
1. Just after you typed incorrect password to login Windows computer, click Reset Password button on Windows logon screen and open Password Reset Wizard.
2. Insert password reset disk into Surface Pro 2 laptop. Click "Next" on Password Reset Wizard.
3. Choose inserted password key disk from drop-down box, and click "Next".
4. Set a new password for user and confirm it. Then click "Next" to finish Surface Pro 2 user password reset.
Follow this method when you couldn't find any other ways to remove or reset Surface password. In hence, let's change Windows password on Surface Pro 2 with Windows Password Genius Advanced.
Surface Pro 2 user password has been changed with Windows Password Genius Advanced version.