logo
Windows 11Find Windows 11 Product Key

3 Useful Ways to Find Windows 11 Product Key

By Hally | Last Updated

A Windows product key is a 25-character code which you can used to activate Windows, just like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX. If your Windows 11 has been activated, it is easy for you to know the Windows 11 product key on your computer. Here in this article, you can get 3 useful ways to find product key in Windows 11 computer.

how to find Windows 11 product key

Way 1: Find Windows 11 Product Key via Registry Editor

In Windows 11, your Windows 11 product key will be backed up by default. So you can check BackupProductKeyDefault data to know the Windows 11 product key in Registry Editor.

Step 1: Search regedit on the taskbar and then open Registry Editor.

search regedit

Step 2: Click Yes to allow making changes to your device.

click Yes to allow making changes

Step 3: Then the Registry Editor is opened. Enter HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft
\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
in the search bar and press Enter key.

enter the location

Step 4: On the right menu, go to find BackupProductKeyDefault and you can check the Windows 11 product key in its data column.

check your Windows 11 product key

Way 2: Find Windows 11 Product Key with VBS Script

It only takes you few steps to set up and run VBS script to get the Windows 11 product key.

Step 1:Search and open Notepad on your Windows 11 computer.

search notepad

Step 2: Copy following codes and then paste it in Notepad file.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
MsgBox ConvertToKey(WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId"))
Function ConvertToKey(Key)
Const KeyOffset = 52
i = 28
Chars = "BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
Do
Cur = 0
x = 14
Do
Cur = Cur * 256
Cur = Key(x + KeyOffset) + Cur
Key(x + KeyOffset) = (Cur \ 24) And 255
Cur = Cur Mod 24
x = x -1
Loop While x >= 0
i = i -1
KeyOutput = Mid(Chars, Cur + 1, 1) & KeyOutput
If (((29 - i) Mod 6) = 0) And (i <> -1) Then
i = i -1
KeyOutput = "-" & KeyOutput
End If
Loop While i >= 0
ConvertToKey = KeyOutput
End Function

paste codes in notepad

Step 3:Click the File option on the top and then choose Save as.

choose Save as

Step 4: Change the Save as type to All files and enter productkey.vbs as the file name. After that, click the Save button.

name the file as productkey vbs

Step 5: Double-click the productkey.vbs file and you will get the Windows 11 product key soon.

run the file and get the product key

Way 3: Find Windows 11 Product Key with iSunshare Product Key Finder

There is a much easier way to get the Windows 11 product key on your computer. It is no need to run scripts and registry editor. iSunshare Product Key Finder can help you to find Windows activation code within simple clicks, which is time-saving and safe. This third-party app is compatible with almost all Windows computer to read all software product keys for you. But you need to pay for the full version to get the complete product key.

Step 1: Download and install iSunshare Product Key Finder in iSunshare official website.

install iSunshare Product Key Finder

Step 2: Run iSunshare Product Key Finder and then click the Start Recovery button.

click the Start Recovery button

Step 3: In no time, you can know product keys for all installed software on your computer. Click Save To File to save the recovered product keys on your computer.

Tips: As the Microsoft registry remains the same, the Windows 11 will be regarded as Windows 10 in this software.

click Save To File

After that, you can open the saved file to check all product keys of the software. Also, you can keep a copy of this file in case you delete it by mistake.

open the saved file to view details